Need for Shelter:
- Must be a first time homeowner
- Living in overcrowded, unaffordable, substandard or public housing
- Unable to secure adequate housing through the private market
Ability to Pay:
- Sustain a savings account over a specified period of time.
- Have acceptable credit history
- Earn a annual income that falls within 30% to 80% of area median income as determined annually by HUD (*in order to qualify, each Habitat PBC home area may also have a specific income requirement).
|Family Size||Minimum Income||Maximum Income|
- Have a commitment to a drug free community and no serious criminal history
- Applicants MUST be legal U.S. residents
- Must be willing to invest 400 hours of "Sweat Equity" (volunteer labor)
- Willing to enter in a 30 year partnership with Habitat PBC, living in areas where we are currently building.
- Attend monthly meetings, educational home ownership classes, and budget and credit counseling sessions.
- Must reside or be employed in our service area (from Hypoluxo Road North to the Martin County line) for 12 months prior to applying