we are not currently accepting applications
Please submit your email below and we will email you when new homeownership opportunities become available.
- Get a free copy of your credit report and make sure there are no errors annualcreditreport.com
- Open a savings account and begin consistently saving. Even as little as $10 a month will show an ability to save over time.
- Collect your documents in one place so you will have them ready when applications open
- Need for shelter
- Living in overcrowded, substandard or public housing
- First time home buyer (cannot have owned a home within the last three years)
- Paying more than 30% of gross income on rent
- Unable to secure a bank loan
- Willingness to partner
- Have a commitment to a drug free community
- Applicants MUST be legal U.S. residents
- Must be willing to invest 400 hours of “Sweat Equity” (volunteer labor)
- Attend monthly meetings, educational home ownership classes, and budget and credit counseling sessions.
- Ability to Pay
- Sustain a savings account
- Have acceptable credit history
- Earn an annual income that falls within 30% to 80% of area median income as determined annually by HUD (*in order to qualify, each Habitat PBC home area may also have a specific income requirement).
- Download and print, or request an application Part One (available during open application cycles) – Read the instructions carefully. Make sure to visit available properties and provide all required documents and submit by the deadline.
- Optional Orientation – Attend an optional orientation session to answer your questions and get any needed help with filling out your application.
- Income and credit report – Habitat PBC calculates your income and pulls a credit report. You will be notified of the status of your application within 30 days of submission
- If you meet the minimum criteria, you will receive part 2 of the application along with a list of additional required documents.
- Background Check – Your criminal, employment history and rental history are verified
- Home Visit & Interview – Two members of our Homeowner Selection committee will contact you to set up a time to visit and interview you at your current residence
Pre-Approval – Pre-approved applicants begin attending mandatory Homeownership classes and completing the required number of Sweat Equity hours.
Get answers to our most frequently asked questions